Travelers Aid's first local program, Mobile Moms was designed to assist pregnant women with transportation to prenatal appointments and other related appointments.
Who is eligible
Mobile Moms assists pregnant women in need of bus transportation to medical appointments related to their pregnancy. There is no residency (the program does utilize the Allegheny County Port Authority Transit system) or income requirement, and no charges or fees.
How to enroll
Potential enrollees can inquire and apply onsite at a participating network location (please see accompanying list). If the consumer does not attend a network location, they may apply for the Mobile Moms Safety Net mail program by contacting the Travelers Aid main office at (412)281-5474.
Duration and type of assistance offered
Assistance is provided to prenatal appointments throughout pregnancy and up to two checkups post-delivery. In addition, assistance can be issued for WIC trips, Birthing Classes, Smoking Cessation Classes and Genetic Testing. Mobile Moms can also help with tickets for an adult escort and any children that have to accompany the consumer to appointments.
- Allegheny County Port Authority Transit tickets
- Lyft, UBER and zTrip Rides and Vouchers (considered in High-Risk pregnancy situations)
- Allegheny Women's Health - 1307 Federal Street, Northside, PA 15212
- Lawrenceville Family Health Center (3937 Butler Street, Lawrenceville, PA 15201)
- Magee Womens Hospital (300 Halket Street, Oakland, PA 15213)
- Shadyside Family Health Center (5215 Centre Avenue, Shadyside, PA 15232)
- West Penn Hospital (4800 Friendship Avenue, Bloomfield, PA 15224) - Inpatient Unit, Outpatient Unit, Women's Behavioral Unit, Perinatal HOPE Program, Seasons OB-GYN
Mobile Moms Safety Net
The Mobile Moms Safety Net is designed to assist women who are experiencing difficulty in attending their prenatal appointments, but do not attend a network Mobile Moms location. All of the criteria and assistance for Mobile Moms Safety Net is the same as Mobile Moms, but will be provided through the mail. Please call (412)281-5474 to inquire or apply for Mobile Moms Safety Net.