The Department of Human Services Office of Income Maintenance for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides Special Allowances (SPAL) for clients involved in Employment & Training activities. Transportation granted is based on an individual's eligibilities and requirements.
Who is eligible
A consumer's eligibility is determined by the client's County Assistance Office (CAO).
How to enroll
Potential enrollees can inquire with their CAO.
Duration and type of assistance offered
Duration and assistance is determined by the CAO caseworker.
- Allegheny County Port Authority Transit tickets or passes
- Giant Eagle GetGo Gasoline Debit Cards
- Greater Pittsburgh East CAO (412)645-7400
- Liberty CAO (412)565-2652
- Southeast CAO (412)664-6800
- Southern CAO (412)565-2232
- Three Rivers CAO (412)565-7755