Funded by the United Way, the Senior Transportation Assistance Program is the agency's first venture exclusively targeting assistance to senior and mature populations. Travelers Aid is proud to represent another United Way initiative, with the assistance of our Partner Agencies (Access Transportation, AgeWell Pittsburgh, North Hills Community Outreach, UPMC Senior Services, Wesley Family Services and the YWCA).
Who is eligible
Individual Seniors who are 60 years of age or older and are referred by a Partner Agency. Caregivers and Volunteer drivers affiliated with Seniors enrolled in Partner Agencies may also be eligible for transportation assistance. (Not currently accepting new participants. Funding has reached enrollment capacity).
How to enroll
Not currently accepting new participants. Funding has reached enrollment capacity.
Duration and type of assistance offered
Duration of assistance is determined by the Partner Agency. Clientele in need of aid with transportation to get to medical appointments, public assistance services, lifestyle and community outings, grocery trips and other categories can inquire with their Agency.
- Access Paratransit Rides (At Discounted or No Cost)
- Allegheny County Port Authority Bus Passes & Tickets (Ages 60-64)
- GetGo Gasoline Debit Cards
- Lyft, UBER and zTrip Ride-Hailing Services
Ride-Hailing Scheduling: (412) 436-9621
Authorized clients can call up to 3:00 pm on previous business day for next-day rides
Ride-Hailing Hours: Monday-Friday 8:45am-3:30pm
Closed on weekends and holidays
- Access Transportation - 650 Smithfield Street, Downtown Pittsburgh - (412) 562-5353
- AgeWell Pittsburgh - 5743 Bartlett Street, Squirrel Hill - (412)422-7200
- North Hills Community Outreach - Various Locations - (412) 487-6316
- UPMC Senior Services - Various Locations - (412) 864-3524
- Wesley Family Services - Various Locations - 888-222-4200
- YWCA - Various Locations - (412) 391-5100